2oo9 Photowalk/Excursions Calendar
July 4, 2009
* Fireworks on the Levee along the Mississippi River in Port Allen, LA
Fireworks set on Flickr
July 5, 2009
* A photo drive beginning in Natchez, Mississippi at mile marker 0 of the Natchez Trace and winding our way up along The Trace as far as we go until sunset and head back home.
Natchez Trace Flickr Set
July 17, 2009
* Photowalk to St. Roch Cemetery and the Lower Ninth Ward of New Orleans.
St Roch Cemetery and Campo Santo set on Flickr
July 18, 2009
* Scott Kelby’s Worldwide Photowalk in downtown Baton Rouge, Louisiana. (PM)
Attended but rained out
July 19, 2009
*Audubon Zoo in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Audubon Zoo Flickr Set
August 7-9, 2009
* Louisiana Hot Air Balloon Championships at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Louisiana Hot Air Balloon Championships Flickr Set
September 26, 2009
* City Park in New Orleans, Louisiana
City Park Flickr Set
Photowalks I’d Like to Make this Year
October 4, 2009
* “Capturing Madisonville” – to learn about, explore and photograph the small town/community of Madisonville, Louisiana and discover its history, people, sites and culture with photojournalism in mind.
October 10-11, 2009
* 20th Annual Wooden Boat Festival in Madisonville, Louisiana
October 17, 2009
* St Charles Street Car and Garden District in New Orleans, Louisiana
October 24 – November 1, 2009
* Greater Baton Rouge State Fair – hoping to make it to the fair several times during the 10 days or so it’s open. Looking for some great night shots out of this event.
November 8, 2009
* Dickie’s 500 NASCAR race at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas.
November 26-29, 2009
A 4-day long Thanksgiving break occurs here though we’re undecided on what to do with this time although we’re leaning more and more towards something in the Hot Springs, Arkansas area as a first choice and St. Augustine, Florida a close second.
* Christmas Lights in Baton Rouge and New Orleans, Louisiana
* “Bonfires on the Levee – A Louisiana Christmas” – various locations along the Mississippi River